Last night our government took its largest steps since the new deal. I have my opinions, and I’m sure you have yours. In this blog, I don’t want to get into how I feel about it. This morning I more want to reflect on the struggle of living as Christians in a democratic nation.
1. I realize that America is simply the place I have been called to be a missionary in, it is not my home. 2 Corinthians 5:20
2. I realize my example for outrage is Jesus who stood silent before Pilate when false accusations were brought before him. Mark 14:61
3. I know that has God has placed all humanly authority in its place, both good and wicked. Romans 13:1
4. I know that the Christian’s call is too great to get caught in the small battles that are often magnified. Mark 10:35-45
5. I see my priority must not be in trying to change this nation through politics, but through the gospel. Matthew 28:18-20
6. I feel within me, a sin nature which is angry when I don’t get my way, and know that my witness is more important than my opinion. Romans 7:18, Philippians 1:12-30